card option – chip
Contact memory chip
Did you know that we can also make cards on colored material?
It is an ideal solution for prestigious club cards or exclusive business cards, among others.
Simply saying, a chip is an electronic circuit that records information on a card. Unlike the cards with RFID modules, the chip card must be inserted into the reader. Information is transferred from the chip to the computer when the corresponding contacts in the reader connect to the chip surface on the card.
The chip has a larger memory capacity than the magnetic stripe, so more information can be written on it.
Usually, a plastic chip card is used in such places as:
- production companies (access to the hall, rooms)
- restaurants (logging into the system)
- hotels (door locks)
- schools (electronic student and pupil ID cards)
- banking (payment and credit cards)
There are many types of chips, so make sure which model you need before submitting your inquiry.
If you already have a system with readers, computers, etc., check the chip information in the reader technical specifications. If you need additional information, please contact your system supplier or installer.
If you are at the first stage and are just looking for a system, readers and cards, let us offer you one of the models, namely the FM24C64D chip. Below you will find its specification.
- low operating voltage: VCC = 1.7 V to 5.5 V
- internal organization: 8,192 x 8 bits
- 2-wire serial interface
- Schmitt trigger, filtered inputs for noise suppression
- bi-directional data transfer protocol
- compatibility: 1 MHz (2.5 V ~ 5.5 V) and 400 kHz (1.7 V)
- write protection for hardware data protection
- 32-byte page writing modes (partial page writing is allowed)
- 32-byte security sector
- 128-bit unique identifier (UID)
- time cycle of recording (maximum 5 sec.)
- high reliability: durability up to 1,000,000 write cycles and 40 years of data storage
- PDIP8 (RoHS compliant)
- SOP8, TSSOP8, TDFN8 and thin 4-ball WLCSP (RoHS compliant and halogen-free)
Absolute Maximum Ratings:
- working temperature (plastic package): -55 ° C to + 125 ° C
- working temperature (module package): -20 ° C to + 60 ° C
- storage temperature (plastic package): -65 ° C to + 150 ° C
- storage temperature (module package): -25 ° C to + 70 ° C
- voltage on any pin while maintaining grounding: -1.0 V to +7.0
- maximum operating voltage of 6.25 V
- DC output current: 5.0 mA
If you need full specification in PDF, please contact us!